Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Canberra - Day 1

CANBERRA!!!!


So now that I'm in Canberra, I thought it was time that I started blogging again =)

After changing my courses God knows how many times the few days before preferences closed, I still ended up coming here... though honestly, I'm still not sure if it was the right decision. What if I hate law and drop it? =O

But for now... I am officially an ANUS (Australian National University Student). xD



I'm staying at Unilodge, about 2 minutes walk from the Uni, so super convenient. The facilities are really good as well - pool table/table tennis table/etc (really new and renovated compared to most of the other on-campus lodges and resident colleges).

But it is SO damn expensive.

$240 per week. T____________________________T

As for the people here...everyone I've met so far have been extremely nice and approachable!
Met one person yesterday by the name of Janice. She's doing Commerce with accounting major like me, and she's from Melbourne!! I guess we got along pretty well straight away, and the two of us ended up going to Canberra Centre to buy groceries.

Bought our first rockmelon for $2. xD



Before you ask, I'm wearing that dress because there was a 'Unilodge Meet and Greet' event on, and the dress code was Semi-Formal =)
Janice didn't live in Unilodge, but I asked her to come along anyway ^^ super super niceeeeeeee! s2s2!!


Yum looking? Too bad.. it wasn't as sweet as it seems.... =(

7 comments:

Wendice said...

i haven't checked this blog in awhile...my bad

your place in canberra looks nice! what are your room/flat mates like?
and LMAO ANUS!

and about the rockmelon, the best way to choose a rockmelon is to smell the end of it (where it used to be attached to the vine) the more fragrant smelling the sweeter it should be...i've done too much grocery shopping -.-''

Anonymous said...

Haha Wendy..."smell the end of it"....hmm can be interpreted in many ways =P Heeheehee....

Good to see u're settling in nicely! =)

`_mandii* said...

whoa. she looks like you(janice that is) yeah she sounds really nice! like me:) hahahah

heheh you're wearing your pregnant dress!!!!!!lmao :P

your room is really pretty! i like your tofu pillow...where did you get it? and the solar powered thingos!! and where's my photo frame???????

what are your room mates like?

`_mandii* said...

p.s. ROFL @ ANUS!!

A. said...

Hi SLUT!(now anus)

DO YOU MISS ME? I MISS YOU. COME BACK. OKAY?

A.

<3

Anonymous said...

first reaction was that u brought so many things to ur lodge! it looks like a clean version of ur room...

2nd- u and janice look alike, but maybe it was because u had the same pose.

ANUS u are indeed!

tofu tofu said...

hey anus.

lol yeh, i had to look twice at those photos, too XD maybe anus's plan is to surround herself with physically similar people to confuse the crazies hunting her down. just a theory.

glad to hear you're having a good time :)

bye anus