Sunday, October 5, 2008

Star City



At $37.90 per person, Star City's Garden Buffet did not fail to disappoint at all. It was just a regular buffet with a 1.5 hour waiting line. Since the price was almost 3 times that of normal buffets, I walked in with high expectations - a lot of seafood, really nice food, great service, nice views, pretty decorations, hot waiters...

...I can't believe I used to love buffets so much as a kid. The food quality is so terrible I couldn't even eat more than 2 plates. Nothing was good except for the prawns -.- Either my standards have risen immensely after eating out so much, or buffets have just become shitter in general.

Maybe it's abit of both.

So sorry guys. I'm backing out of our post-hsc Garden Buffet+ Casino plans. But I'll gladly join in with the Casino part =)


The desserts were extremely cute though ^^

Star City casino is also very overrated. Those who expect casinos to look just like the massively grand ones you see in movies...

..prepare to be very, very disappointed.

Everyone was in jeans + tee shirts.
Noone betting more than $50.
The place was quiet and some people looked like they were about to fall asleep.

Sydney is no Las Vegas. Obviously =(


Cameras not allowed. But I managed to sneak a few on my phone XD

And my very Chinese dad insisted that I took a picture infront of a Limo =.=

OKkk off to sleep. It's almost 2:30am now - thanks to daylight savings, and I can't sleep in tomorrow - thanks to Thai.

4 comments:

tofu tofu said...

disappointing much. i was totally hoping that star city casino would be infinitely cooler than that... ah well. you know what this means, right?

we'll just have to take a trip to vegas. *nod*

Wendice said...

i remember going to star city buffet when i was in yr 6 - i was so bitterly disappointed.

you should make your casino trip after everyone turns 18...or else us young'uns are going to miss out. but then again, i'd rather gamble on soft toys than money.

^.^

♥ jaejae ♥ said...

woah man - u had high expectations as a 6 year old =P

Wendice said...

lol jenny if you look carefully, i said i was in YR 6 i.e. i went as an 11 year old, not as a 6 year old -.-''