Wednesday, May 7, 2008

UNSW Business

I'm so glad I went with everyone to the Business talk at University of New South Wales tonight. It offered me a perspective, that up until now I have never bothered to even look at - if you know me well, you would know I hate economics - so obviously I tended to avoid anything economics/commerce related.

But for some strange reason, Commerce International Studies appealed to me so much O_O. Call me fickle or too easily convinced or whatever, but I'm more excited about doing this course than I have ever been about Law or Medicine or Psychology (my latest interest). This may sound so stupid, but perhaps it was because of Hotaru no Hikari that I suddenly want to do something office related. I always wanted a work environment like that with people all around me where I can dress myself in black high heels with a black skirt, black stockings and a white blouse XD.

I realised that I do NOT want to sit in a small confined room all day, dealing with sick people 24/7. I don't want to go through that stressful process of sitting the UMAT, trying to impress the interviewers and stressing my arse off for the HSC hoping to get a UAI of 99.5 or and hope to end up in Med School for the next 6 years of my life with no social life whatsoever.

And so for that reason, I am aiming for Commerce International, then majoring in Actuarial Studies or something ^^ (I admit, I am probably thinking of the $$$ by doing something like actuary -.- but hey! I get to sit at an office and calculate the percentage chance of people dying!! That sounds interesting enough..) .

So here's my summary:
UAI: 97
Length of Course: 4 years including one year overseas study *china here I come!!!! or maybe America...*
Likeliness of getting a good job: Extremely High (With major in Actuary, I am unstoppable!! Mwahahhaha!!)
Social Life: Very Good

And obviously, since the chances of finding a hot + rich + sweet + nice boyfriend is proportionally equal to social life, I basically have a VERY GOOD chance of finding a hot + rich + sweet + nice boyfriend.

The talk started at 6:30pm, so the 5 of us went to the Tea Inn place in Kingsford to have dinner ` a very early dinner indeed...

Jenny's Black Pepper Beef with Rice with Amanda's fried wontons and Vicky's Chicky wings in the background. Ellen's Fried rice is cut off...

From Left to Right: Ellen's water bottle -.-, Vicky's Coconut` Amanda's Melon` my Chocolate` and JT's Almond` milk teas ~~

P.S I AM feeling Bella's pain. I want Edward to come back so much!! ><

No comments: